High School Senior Photos are one of the events that seniors look forward to in 12th grade. It’s their moment to shine in the yearbook, share memories and jokes. It’s also the time where parents leave a student “shout-out” or “love note” for their child. Documenting this milestone means everything to all involved.
Having been a senior photographer for a number of years, I have enjoyed documenting such portraits. However, it’s important that parents and seniors/or juniors are aware of timelines and all that senior portraits all entail. Below I’ve answered some of the frequently asked questions parents have asked me during our discovery calls. These should help you with your journey in finding the photographer for your high school student.
1. What are high school senior portraits? Senior photos are pictures taken the last year of high school in the Metro Atlanta, Georgia area. Traditionally, students take school-wide portraits that are taken in the lobby or school gym in front of a backdrop. This will be the last image to commemorate their twelve year journey through education. On occasion, these images are used in the student’s yearbook
2. When is the best time to book a high school senior session? Parents begin to book as early as June, the summer before senior year all the way through until graduation. The best time will depend on the type of look you are going for. Seniors tend to prefer the Fall. The Spring season can be hectic as students begin to consider prom and graduation as well.
3. Do I have to book with the school authorized photographer? Simply, NO! The school assigned photography company’s main job is to create uniform pictures for the yearbook. These usually happen in school or in the studio and happen very quickly. This is usually a requirement by the school, so contact your yearbook staff to find that out. The senior portraits is your chance to celebrate you/ your student with a personalized, fun and intentional photo session. Previous clients have found that this has worked best for them.
4. Where do you photograph seniors? I can recommend a number of unique and hidden areas in the Alpharetta, Roswell and Metro Atlanta area. Upon booking your high school portrait or senior session, we will discuss your vision during a fashion consult, which will make it easier to provide you with location ideas. A great place to start would be a place that is near and dear to your heart. Whatever you choose, it will be unique and completely you
5. How do I book a high school senior session with you? At the bottom of this section, click on the “I want to book” button. It will lead you to a contact form. Fill it in. You will then be prompted to book a 20 minute discovery call where you can share your needs and vision with me. If you decide that we are a good fit, your session will be booked upon paying your retainer and signing the studio agreement form. I would love to be the one to take your student’s senior photos. It’s my pleasure to serve you.